Professional Diploma in Fire Safety Engineering
Professional Diploma in Fire Safety Engineering is a carefully designed qualification on the basis of NFPA USA standards and other recognized regulations. This qualification is recognized by Skill Development Council, Ministry of Education Federal Govt. of Pakistan & Mehran University of Engineering & Technology Jamshoro.
It is a perfect choice for graduates, safety professionals, safety practitioners, industrial experts and other related EHS professionals.
This qualification is designed unlike other diplomas in EHS, based on skill oriented basic engineering knowledge necessary for day to day occupational safety and health affairs of the organization Qualification is comprised on two units
1) Introduction to Fire Safety Engineering in accordince with NFPA and International Regulatory bodies.
2) Basics of Fire and Fire Science
3) Human Factors in Emergencies
4) Characteristics of Materials and Products
5) Understanding Uniform Fire Safety Code (NFPA 1)
6) Understanding the engineering behind portable fire extinguishers (NFPA 10)
7) Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of water based fire protection systems (NFPA 25)
8) Fire Protection for Laboratories using Chemicals (NFPA 45)
9) Fire Prevention during welding, cutting and other hot works (NFPA 51B)
10) National Fire Alarm and Signalling Code (NFPA 72)
11) Understanding Life Safety Code (NFPA 101)
12) Evaluation of Fire Risk Assessments (NFPA 551)
13) Standards for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (NFPA 1001)