International Diploma in Safety Engineering (IDSE)
International Diploma in Safety Engineering (IDSE) is a carefully designed qualification which is certified from NCFE UK for professionals who have designated safety and engineering roles within the organization. Managers and Supervisors who have a sound knowledge of safety principles are essential to any business, this qualification will give candidates the knowledge they need to help ensure safety and well being in accordance with engineering regulations at workplace and to help prevent work related injuries.
It is a perfect choice for graduates, safety professionals, safety practitioners, industrial experts and other related EHS professionals.
Salient Features of IDSE ?
- IDSE is comprised of 2 comprehensive units only. Both are assessed by a 5 hours written examination (each paper).
- There is no requirement for practical reports or any other assignments like other EHS diploma level qualifications.
- This is also offered via distance learning for experienced professionals only.
- Qualification results will be declared within 15 working days of examination, no more waiting for months to receive examination results.
- Registrations are also accepted one week prior to the examinations.
- Examinations held 6 time in a year
This qualification is designed unlike other diplomas in EHS, based on skill oriented basic engineering knowledge necessary for day to day occupational safety and health affairs of the organization Qualification is comprised on two units
Unit # 1 Achieving Continual Improvement in Health and Safety Management System
Upon successful completion of unit # 1 candidates will be able to establish, implement, maintain, manage and continually improve the occupational health and safety management system based on standards including OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001.
Unit # 2: Principles and Application of Science and Technology in Safety
Upon successful completion of unit # 2 candidates will be able to understand engineering related skills, knowledge and information for the requirements of occupational safety and health provisions at the workplace. This unit provides the professionals with the core knowledge of engineering which they can translate into skills base for engineering design assessments, material failure modes, incidents investigations, reliability engineering, structure analysis, equipment selection, engineering risk assessments, engineering control designs and assessments, mathematical and geometric calculations etc.